"Take My Hand"
by The Word Weaver, Deb on January 8th, 2014

In this fresh, new year, here’s what I most want to say to those I love:  We are beloved by God.

We are beloved.  You and me.

For some reason, I get that for you more than I get it for me.  I easily extend grace, forgiveness, and love to you.  I remind you of His love.  But when I experience a bad day or feel like a failure, I berate myself and forget that I am loved, forgiven, and even cherished.  But, regardless of my feelings, it is still the truth.

Do you ever feel that way?  If so, let’s learn and walk through this together.
These verses are my prayer this year:  “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”   (Ephesians 3: 17b-19, NIV)

One phrase jumped out at me—“together with all saints”.
Maybe the reason we have not truly gotten it is that we’re struggling to hold the truth by ourselves.  When life gets hard and slippery, we keep losing our grip. <--Tweet That

Perhaps this truth is so massive, so amazing, so life-rearranging that we need one another to wrap ourselves around it, to hold on tightly to it, and to remind each other not to let go.
So, now, this year, take my hand

We’ll clasp this truth together and hold on through the moments that threaten to tear us from it.  You remind me.  And I remind you.   <--Tweet that

We’re in this together—ready to listen, affirm, and encourage.  We’ll hold onto one another with our: words, attention, time, acceptance, grace, and truth.  Let’s commit to being honest about our true selves and our experiences even when it’s scary.  In the beauty. In the mess.   Whether or not we completely understand.  Whether or not we agree.  We’ll stand together, hand in hand, grasping the truth of God’s good, unchanging, unconditional love.  <--Tweet that

We are beloved by God.  May nothing pry us from this incredible truth.  Let’s grasp it together.  What do you say?

Holley Gerth, blogger, author, and encourager extraordinaire, invited others to join her weekly in sharing encouragement for the heart.  She offers a writing prompt to guide the conversation.

This is the first week, and I'm happy to add my link to the others.  Click here to browse and read the varied selections.
Copyright 2014, The Word Weaver, Deb Weaver

Posted in One Another    Tagged with Encouragement, New Year, God's Love

Jaana - January 8th, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Thank you Deb for these words today: We%u2019ll clasp this truth together and hold on through the moments that threaten to tear us from it. You remind me. And I remind you. I needed them today.
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 8th, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Jaana, I'm happy to walk with you and help one another remember this incredible truth!
karrilee - January 8th, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I love this my friend! I am a recipient of the love He has for me through you and yes - I too can believe it so much stronger for anyone else... thank you for the reminder to believe it for me as well! Beloved... I love that truth so much, it is etched into my skin - so no matter where I go - I am reminded! So happy you are joining in over at Holley's today! Wednesdays just got better!

Love you!
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 8th, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Karrilee, your love and encouragement brings tremendous joy to my heart! Thank you for reading and responding. It's wonderful being His beloved together!! Love you too!
Holley Gerth - January 8th, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Thanks so much for linking up today with Coffee for Your Heart, friend! XOXO
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 8th, 2014 at 7:14 PM
It's a joy to share cups of encouragement with others at your place, Holley!
Shelly Hendricks - January 8th, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I needed to hear this today. And just in case you did too.... You are loved, dear one. Deeply. Heart Hugs, Shelly
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 8th, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I'm so glad we can mutually encourage one another in this foundational truth! We ARE God's beloved! Thank you, friend!
Chris Malkemes - January 9th, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Thanks for these words today, my friend. They are true and I am happy to grasp hands with you.
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 9th, 2014 at 9:25 AM
It's better and braver that way, isn't it?
Dolly@Soulstops - January 9th, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Deb,
What a great insight in that passage in Ephesians: I gladly extend my hand to you and remind you that you are God's beloved, no matter...so glad I met you via Holley's link up :)
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 10th, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Dolly, thanks for stopping by! Holley's place promises to be a wonderful, warm place of encouragement! Glad we're both stopping by there this year!
Mel - January 9th, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Being real...in the beauty and in the mess. So much yes. I am continually blessed by this community and so thankful that you are part of it! Thank you for the sweet encouragement today. :)
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 10th, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Mel, thanks for stopping by! I'm thrilled to be in community with you in all of life!
Mandy - January 11th, 2014 at 7:56 PM
I wanted to stand up and cheer, "YES!" while reading this :) Beautiful, Deb.
The Word Weaver, Deb - January 11th, 2014 at 10:18 PM
You really know how to make my heart sing! Thank you for reading and commenting, Mandy! (((HUGS)))