"The Art of Rain"
by The Word Weaver, Deb on November 26th, 2013

The sky’s curtain opened and poured forth its best.  I had front row seats to this tap-dancing performance.

The raindrops plunked out a steady beat as they tapped onto a widening puddle on the ledge outside my window.  An ever-changing pattern of transparent polka dots appeared and disappeared.

Tip, tap, tap.

Splish, splash, splash.

Drip, drop, drop.

Usually I fail to appreciate the beauty of rain, but today, it captivated me.  I stood gazing through the glass, my face pressed against the panes oblivious to the chill.  I was fully engaged, savoring the gifts these suspended moments in time offered.

Even the foggy, gray gloom failed to dampen my delight over these dancing dots.

I paid attention today.  I was in awe of the Artist.  And He was pleased.

Linking with #TellHisStory writers on Jennifer Dukes Lee's blog.  Please click on the link to read their contributions!

Copyright 2013, Deb Weaver, The Word Weaver

Posted in Beauty Speaks to Me, Poetic Thoughts    Tagged with Rain, Artist, Mindfulness, Worship, Beauty, Dancing, Captivate

Pat Baer - November 27th, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Beautiful. My favorite line is your last - acknowledging His pleasure of your awe of Him. Such a lovely statement of a divine relationship. Bless you.
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 27th, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Thank you, Pat! Isn't it a marvel that He delights in our awe of Him?! I just find that amazing. Thanks for stopping by!

Mia - November 28th, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Dear Deb
You are truly a word weaver! I honestly believe that when these ordinary moments suddenly tell an extra-ordinary story, it is the Artist's way of creating beauty in your heart and to tell you that you are indeed the apple of His eye. Isn't it amazing how God gives all of Himself to each one of us. He doesn't divide Himself so each one can have a part!
Blessings XX
Mia
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 28th, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Mia, thank you! I appreciate you stopping by the blog! I love the thought of how God gives fully to each of us--He is amazing!
Sarah - November 30th, 2013 at 7:02 AM
The Twins and I Have watched a lot of storms out my front door. Imagine God delight when they clap their hands and say " Ya God " . Mine too of course .... Sarah
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 30th, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Yes, I can imagine both His and your delight! Thanks for reading and commenting, Sarah!