Inviting you to know & embrace Jesus Christ
Deb Weaver
"Antidote to Worry"
by The Word Weaver, Deb on October 7th, 2013

On my way home the other night from a meeting, I was alone.  Driving the familiar route on autopilot, my mind was traveling far faster than the speed limit allows.  Rocketing weeks ahead.  My heart felt the gravitational drop of the sonic boom, and in the void, worry flooded me.

How would I accomplish it all?

Would…?

Where…?

What about…?

When would I…?

What if…”

Suddenly, just as my mind was about to spiral out of control, the phrase “in this moment” bumped into my futile thinking.  With the speed of a crash test dummy hitting the dash, I realized my error.  I was discarding the incredible gift of “now” in exchange for worry and unnecessary stress.

This is not how I want to live.  I want my life, my thoughts, and my words to exude both gratitude and trust.  Gratitude for the provision and grace in this moment and trust for provision and grace in the next oneI desire to notice the holy in the everyday.  To approach each experience—no matter how difficult—with intentional appreciation.  To reject worry in favor of contented rest.

How thankful I am for that timely collision!  As I continued along the highway with my heart and mind righted and traveling in the right direction, my eyes raised to the scene before me.  My breath caught.  I watched Sky don her lush, violet gown as she prepared to sway with the stars in a twilight celebration.

And I was—am—grateful—oh, so grateful—for my own opportunities to dance with the divine.  If only I’ll embrace this moment.

This sacred moment.
Photo credit:  "Acitrezza Faraglioni Moon Rise" by gnuckx, Creative Commons.

Copyright 2013, The Word Weaver, Deb Weaver

Linking with other #TellHisStory writers at Jennifer Dukes Lee's place.

Posted in Sacred Moments    Tagged with Worry, Worship, Gratitude

~Karrilee~ - October 7th, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Gorgeous!!! I love this perfect reminder to stay present in each day!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 7th, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Thank you, sweet friend! This lesson is one I'm learning repeatedly this year! I'm so glad God is patient!

Looking forward to seeing your smiling face at Allume SOON!
Emily - October 7th, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Needing to embrace the "now" presently, thanks! So encouraging!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 7th, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment, Emily! Looking forward to meeting you at Allume, roomie!
Leslie - October 7th, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Love this! I am not a worrier, but my mom was/is. I have watched as she used to fret about everything. And through the years, with the grace of Holy Spirit, she says "c'est la vie"--such is life--God is in control! Trust through obedience! Thank you for sharing your struggles and hope!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 7th, 2013 at 7:10 PM
It's true! He's trustworthy. I just have to re-learn that in every area. My daughter is the one to remind me to breathe and relax. Thank you for such kind comments.
Missy - October 7th, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Oh, Deb! I desire to notice the Holy in everyday right along with you. How I do. What a wonderful perspective you were given in that moment. Loved this!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 8th, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Thank you, Missy! Oh, that we may notice Him more and more!
Cynthia Kraft - October 7th, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Deb,
I come from a long line of worriers :) This was a timely and beautifully written post. Hope to meet you at Allume!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 8th, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Cynthia, thank you. I love how God reaches down right where we are and speaks. May we learn to trust more and worry less! Hope to meet you at Allume too!
Carol - October 8th, 2013 at 9:05 PM
WOW!! Love it!! What a great reminder. I needed to hear it!

The Word Weaver, Deb - October 9th, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Hey, pal! Thanks! I appreciate your sweet words! I need to hear it too!
sheila at Longings End - October 11th, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Staying in the moment, since THIS ONE MOMENT is all we truly have. Great post, Deb. Blessings...
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 11th, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Yes, it is! I'm trying to practice this over and over! Thank you for stopping by, Sheila!
Lisa notes - October 12th, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I was discarding the incredible gift of %u201Cnow%u201D

Love that line because I do that, too, unfortunately. :-( But that moment of "now" is where God is and that's where I want to be. Great post. Thanks!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 12th, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Lisa, I'm glad I'm not alone in learning to live in the now. You're exactly right--this is the moment where God is and who wants to miss that?! Thanks!
Jennifer - October 20th, 2013 at 10:22 PM
You are such an encourager, Deb. How I love you!
The Word Weaver, Deb - October 21st, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Oh, Jennifer, your words mean so much! I love you, too, and cannot wait to see you this week!