Worship is More Than a Verb
by The Word Weaver, Deb on August 30th, 2013

"Worship is More Than a Verb"

It’s more than what I do.  Ultimately it’s the essence of who I am

Worship.

Worship of the Only One who really matters.

He is described here:
“To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore!  Amen.”  (Jude 24-25, NIV)

He is worthy!  And He loves me.   That is an unbelievable, wondrous truth!

He loves me even though He knows me fully—every wrinkle on my body and every hair on my head.  Every volcanic outburst I've made and every heartbreaking regret that threatens to smother me.  The way I put chocolate chips on my peanut butter toast and how I crave solitude more than sleep.

He knows how I really do love Him and how often I fail.  How often I try to gut my way through a tough situation and forget He’s here.  Waiting.  Ready.  Able.

Persistently, He calls me moment by moment and beckons I answer.

Oh yes, He knows me.  He loves me, and based on that earlier verse, I daresay He even likes me.  Now that’s amazing!

How could I not worship Him?
Oh, Heavenly Father,

You are incredible.  You are worthy of my everything.  I want to know, love, enjoy, and follow You more and more in joy and gratitude.  May I increasingly recognize and rely upon Your constant Presence and power, every day and every moment.  May I see You in everything and everyone.  Oh, to live in worship and adoration of You, who gave everything for me.

Because of Your Son Jesus,

Amen.

Today, I'm linking up with brave, encouraging women who write in a playground every Friday at Lisa Jo's place.  It's called Five Minute Friday.  This is my first time, and I'm grateful for my sweet, new friend, Karrilee Aggett, who grabbed my hand this week and encouraged me to jump into the circle of fun.  Thanks, Karrilee, I look forward to meeting you in person at Allume!

*Disclaimer--though I am normally an avid rule keeper, I doubt I'll be able to keep the five minute rule EVER--this took about ten minutes after I ruminated on the topic for about an hour--NOR the no backtracking rule.  I don't really think linearly, so I did rearrange a couple of sentences and inserted a couple of transitions.   I'm hoping these intentional infractions won't get me barred from the park--I'm fairly friendly and smile lots, if that helps any.
Copyright 2013, The Word Weaver, Deb Weaver

Posted in My Journey with God    Tagged with Five Minute Friday, Worship, God's Love

Amy Ward - August 30th, 2013 at 12:55 PM
So beautifully said and photographed! He is worthy because He is the great I Am.
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Thank you, Amy. He is so worthy. I can hardly believe that He invites us to follow Him!

Rebekah Straw - August 30th, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I love this post. Thank you so much for sharing!
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thank you, Rebekah. I appreciate you stopping by!
Annmarie Miles - August 30th, 2013 at 12:59 PM
First time eh? Well you've nailed it!
Saying hi from the #fmfparty all the way from Ireland x
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Thanks for the encouraging comment! Ireland? Wow! Love how folks are drawn from everywhere!

Whitney @RambleSAHM - August 30th, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Yes, how can we not worship our creator. He is worthy in deed! Thank you for this reminder.
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Thanks, Whitney, for stopping by! You're welcome for the reminder--I so often need it too!
Vanessa - August 30th, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Wonderful!

Such a great reminder that God not only LOVES us but he LIKES us, too!

PS- Karrilee is one of my newest blogging friends
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Vanessa, thanks for stopping by! It's hard to believe, but He does!!! Karrilee is precious--it's fun to find that we're new, mutual friends!
Karrilee - August 30th, 2013 at 3:42 PM
So - first off... sweet friend... this is amazing! The words, the photo's, the heart of worship - and oh how I just adore that you wrapped up a post on worship with prayer... (which is - of course - worship as well!)

As far as the rules - they are more like guidelines and the more you play with us (yes - you get to always play with us!) - the more you will find it easier to stay closer to the ru- uh... guidelines! The only Firm rule- is to visit the person who linked up before you and leave a little love!

Lastly (because this comment in itself is turning into a FMF post!) - wow... thanks for the shout out! I am so excited to meet you inrl at Allume! Let the countdown begin!!!
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 4:10 PM
You pour such encouragement into my heart! Thank you! Getting so excited for October!
Zelma Dodd - August 30th, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I love your words. Like the song "I live to worship you.". Thank you for the beauty of your writing
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Thank you, Zelma! I'm glad that you stopped by the blog. Hope to meet you at Allume!

Vanderbilt Wife - August 30th, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Hi, sweet Deb. Can I call you my sister since we have the same last name? (Shhh, don't tell anyone my name's not really Vanderbilt.)

So, Sister, I love this. The essence. Yes!

Also, now I really want peanut butter toast with chocolate chips.
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 30th, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Yes, sister! Thank you for popping by and leaving such a sweet note! And, of course, I'd share my toast with you!

Hope to meet at Allume!

Tris Bendickson - August 31st, 2013 at 12:03 AM
So great Deb! I especially like your prayer to see God though everything and everyone... That spoke to me :)
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 31st, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you letting me know it spoke to you.
Maralee McKee - August 31st, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Absolutely beautifully written post, Deb. You boosted by spirit and lead me closer to the Throne. Thank you especially for your prayer. I will pray it daily. You put words to my soul's desire.
And congratulations on writing for Five Minute Friday's. I'm a slooooow writer. I couldn't do it in ten-minutes or even an hour.
The Word Weaver, Deb - August 31st, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Thank you, Maralee. I so appreciate you letting me know this. You are such a gracious woman; your words encourage me tremendously.

I've been told that the more I participate in the Five Minute Fridays, the faster I'll write. We'll see about that--they have been a very welcoming community though, so if you ever want to try, I'd be happy to hold your hand and introduce you to the group!
Gay Idle - August 31st, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Such a beautiful expression of worship straight from your heart! I love that you ended in prayer...perfect!

I'm excited that you are joining Five Minute Friday's! I haven't been doing it for long, but I find that it helps me stay a little more disciplined in posting regularly. I break the rule just about every week and they haven't kicked me out yet! ;-)
blessings,
GayIdle/CaptiveHeart
The Word Weaver, Deb - September 1st, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Gay,
Thank you! I'm glad that you also do Five Minute Friday--thanks for the welcome and the assurance! I think you're right about the discipline in posting/writing--and I need that!
Mary@The Calm of His Presence - September 1st, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Beautiful words & beautiful photographs! Look forward to meeting you at Allume!
The Word Weaver, Deb - September 1st, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Thank you, Mary! Welcome to the blog! I appreciate your kind words.

See you soon!

Amber Now - September 2nd, 2013 at 7:19 AM
"I daresay he even likes me!" love that! It's a pretty great truth.
Thanks so much for following me on Twitter!
The Word Weaver, Deb - September 3rd, 2013 at 9:47 AM
It is a pretty great truth! How amazing it is! You're welcome!
Mel - September 2nd, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I'm SO glad you jumped in! Welcome to FMF...and beautiful post. I love it. :)
The Word Weaver, Deb - September 3rd, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Thanks, Mel! I appreciate your welcome! And your kind words! Hope we meet at Allume!