We Are Not Alone, Even in the Dark
by The Word Weaver, Deb on December 24th, 2012

"We Are Not Alone, Even in the Dark"

I've found it increasingly difficult to sit down and write.  Our country has become deeply acquainted with grief once more.  Our hearts break over the horror of the shootings, the trauma of Hurricane Sandy, and the desperation of hurting friends.  I struggle to stuff the broken pieces of my heart into words.  Perhaps you do, as well.

In a world of unrest, uncertainty, pain, and even evil, we can look to the Source of our help and our security.  There is strength found in the Babe in the manger who arose as Savior and King Eternal.
          In Jesus, we find:
                   The Light who shines in blackest times
                             The Comfort who cradles our piercing grief
                                      The Hope who slices through paralyzing fear
                                                The Peace who carries our heaviest burdens
          He is Immanuel, God with us

Though we hurt, though we have questions, though we cannot understand, we are not alone.  He is here.  He is with us.  He loves us.  He is in ultimate control.  Though it is dark and I cannot see, I’m choosing to hold His hand and trust Him.  It helps.
Copyright 2012 The Word Weaver, Deb Weaver

Posted in Hope & Healing    Tagged with Light, Hope, Jesus, Hurting, Grief, Christmas

Jerry Peterson - December 25th, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Thanks Deb for the hope-filled inspirational post. This has been a bitter-sweet Christmas. Last week, I lost a close, dear 88 year old Christian brother by a handgun. Tomorrow I will be conducting his memorial service and would like to use your post. They are so fitting and timely. Thank you for sharing the God-inspiring words. May you and your family have a Blessed Christmas!
The Word Weaver, Deb - December 25th, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Pastor Peterson, thank you for your kind words. We all need this encouragement in this dark world. Please do share it! May the Lord give you the words to share comfort and may He embrace everyone affected with His peace and love.
Teresa - December 28th, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Beautifully put Deb.
The Word Weaver, Deb - December 28th, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Thank you, Teresa!
Cathy McCormick - December 30th, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Deb -- You put into words the words most of us could not find in the wake of the most recent tragedy this country has faced. Through Jesus all things are possible and he is the rock to which we cling. Thank you for sharing the light.
The Word Weaver, Deb - December 30th, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Thank you, Cathy. Words can be so elusive and hollow when the hurt is so great. I'm grateful the Lord enabled me to express this emotion and that others find hope here.

Nonny - January 6th, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Thank you for stopping by my blog!!

Even as tragic as I think having my purse stolen is, I have not experienced the tragedy of a major storm or a killer's thoughtless killing spree. I am grateful for God's protection and light in these dark times.

I will be following and look forward to reading your blog in the future!!

Take care,
Nonny

The Word Weaver, Deb - January 6th, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Thank you for stopping by for a visit and for commenting! You're right--leaning into God is the only way to walk in this darkness. I hope you will stop again!
Pam - May 20th, 2013 at 11:58 PM
So timely today after watching the devastation of the tornadoes torture the folks in OK . . . Again. Enjoyed your perspective and often share it.
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 21st, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Thank you for this. Yes, the devastation is horrific. I'm so glad that God's presence is ever-near.
Tracey - June 21st, 2013 at 6:45 PM
The only way to get through is to stay close to God's heart. Thank you for your beautiful post and graceful picture!
Deb Weaver - June 24th, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Yes, that's always the best path, Tracey! Thanks for your kind comment.

Deb