"Autumn Aglow"
by The Word Weaver, Deb on November 5th, 2012

Photo Credit:  2012, April Ragsdale, South Carolina, Used with permission.

"Autumn Aglow"

Limbs set afire,
Cascading sparks of color
Scattered in the wind.

Out of death's ashes,
Breathtaking beauty
Ignited before us.

Holy mystery ablaze,
Illuminating divine glory
Displayed on earth.

Copyright 2012, The Word Weaver, Deb Weaver

Posted in Beauty Speaks to Me, Poetic Thoughts    Tagged with Beauty, Autumn, Fire, God's Glory

Charles Dye - November 5th, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I love it Deb!!! :))) Really beautiful!
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 5th, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Thank you! I love when what is flooding my heart actually translates to paper. Like you said earlier, the fire within can be brutally painful as you try to capture the words/meaning, and then it explodes in joy when you actually write it! Thanks, Charles!
teresa bowen - November 5th, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Wow, the picture was perfect for this. I really liked it.
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 5th, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Yes, April Ragsdale is pretty talented! I am privileged to see her shots on Facebook; I am grateful she let me use it! Thanks!
Carolyn Smith - November 6th, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Beautiful words and picture...Thanks.
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 6th, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Thanks, Carolyn! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting too!
Joy Lenton - November 8th, 2012 at 12:55 PM
A glorious photo and lovely poetic reflection too. Thank you for this celebration of the beauty if Autumn. :)
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 8th, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Thank you, Joy, for your kind words! Autumn has stolen my heart! Glorious!
Maralee McKee - November 8th, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Your poem is beautifully written, Deb. What glorious words you caught to catch a sense of the beauty of Autumn. Your are VERY talented! I admire the gift of poetry and yours is a grand gift!
The Word Weaver, Deb - November 9th, 2012 at 5:54 AM
Thank you, Maralee! I appreciate that you visited the blog; I know how busy you've been with the launch of Manners That Matter for Moms! Poetry is a new thing in the past year, and I'm enjoying it! Your kind words have brought a smile to my heart!